~Welcome~

Friday, January 8, 2010

Owl City








Music of 2010








Last January if you had asked Who is Owl City? Only a hand full of people probably could have told you. But late this summer Owl City took the world by storm with their hit song "Fireflies" before you knew it they were the #1 most downloaded song around the World!!!!




      A few months back I saw that they were coming to the Music Farm in Charleston, SC which is only about an hour or so from my home in Columbia. Imediately I went online to buy tickets. To my dismay they were sold out. So, I began my search for a seller, checking facebook, craigslist, and ebay I was appalled at what I found. Tickets were not hard to find on ebay or craigslist, which many of you are thinking is great ! Well, it was great except that a $15 dollar ticket from Music Farm was being sold now anywhere from $60 to $100!!!! I thought surely this can't be right, true Owl City had become a hot item but when you are selling tickets for over a 400% mark-up that is a Crime! So I kept looking hopeing to find that people realized what a joke there prices were but besides a few ppl here and there asking $40 nothing was available. Now granted if I was going to a big city like Atlanta or even a the North Charleston Coliseum I might be more likely to pay $60 dollars for a concert ticket, but if any one has ever been to Music Farm its a small place barely bigger then a bar with a stage and no seating. Their fire hazard limit of people to enter  the building is probably 300 ....maybe. Yet people were advertizing these tickets as "ground floor", what a joke!!! There is only Ground Floor tickets! What was even more discusting was that the majority of the tickets being sold were all by a hand full of the same people, meaning that these jerks had baught as many tickets as they could, then turned around and jacked up the prices to a 400% profit margin! Leaving people who really wanted to see this group left in the cold unless you wanted pay more then the ticket was really worth! You should be put in Jail! I am thuroughly appalled!


I LOVE you Owl City, ..... but unfortunatly I may not be able to see you at the show :(

No comments:

Post a Comment